[NABS-L] Braille learning

Piper Langkau plangkau4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:14:15 UTC 2020

Hi Emma,

I've been using braille since grade school. If you need any tips or have questions about braille, feel free to write to me. My email address is plangkau4 at gmail.com  Besides the Hadley School for the Blind, another resource that you can try is Braille Bug from the American Foundation for the Blind or AFB. Besides learning about the braille alphabet, there are also interactive games on the site that teach you how to spell words and write numbers in braille. As you play the games, there is a braille alphabet chart at the bottom of each game page that give you dot combinations for letters, numbers, and so on in case you need to refer to a cheat sheet. In these kinds of games, that's perfectly okay to do. A cool thing I like about it is that whenever you submit your game answer, Braille Bug will tell you by audio whether or not you got the answer right. If you get an answer right, you move on to the next question or level. If not, she tells you to try again. Let me know if you want more information or tips. I hope you find this suggestion useful.

Best,
Piper

Sent from my BrailleNote Touch.