[NABS-L] Do you Disclose Vision to College Roomates?

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 19:09:07 UTC 2020

If you have been texting your roommates already, then I agree with
Tyler.  I would very casually bring it up.  You have nothing to be
ashamed of or anything to hide.  I saw you mentioned in a previous
message about thinking of using a cane on campus. I'd agree with that.
I have no vision, so when I was in college a cane was a must for me.
Also, learn the routes to your classes and such as quickly and in as
reasonable a manner as you can.  I regret not learning the routes to
my classes sooner.  A lot of students did help me get to a lot of my
classes, but once I learned to do it myself, things were a lot easier
for me.  Good luck with your new college career.

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson