[NABS-L] Architecture in College

Jesse Fung jesse.c.fung.1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:43:54 UTC 2020

Hi all,

All the emailing threads on getting accustomed to college have been really helpful. As an incoming freshman preparing to study architecture, I haven’t been able to meet people who are in this similar position. As a result, I feel like I’m going into this academic area “blind”. Some of my concerns stem from the heavy visually-demanding aspect of design and modeling. Nowadays, the use of computer programs such as SketchUp, CAD, and Revit have become integral with learning the architecture trade. Not only are these programs heavily visual, there are many commands that one has to learn. On a side note, I became visually impaired two years ago so I am not great with Braille. Are there people who are currently studying architecture or practicing architects that I can talk to about these concerns? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Jesse Fung