[NABS-L] Learning Ally College Success Program is hosting a webinar tomorrow

Mikayla Gephart mikgephart at icloud.com
Wed Aug 5 00:13:53 UTC 2020

Hi, everyone,

     I wanted to share a program that might be interesting to college students, particularly incoming freshmen. I have been listening to Learning Ally audiobooks for years, and they actually have a program specifically for college students, called The College Success Program. I have found a lot of support through this program, and I hope you do as well. They have a lot of resources covering topics related to being a blind college students. They also have a mentorship program for blind/low vision college students to be paired with a recent college grad who is also blind to help them navigate the challenges they face in college. I am actually one of their mentees, and my mentor has been one of my biggest supporters during my first year of college. The best part is that it is all free. Here is the link to learn more.
www.learningally.org/CollegeSuccess

     They did have a webinar a while back about expectations for your first semester of college and they are actually having another one tomorrow at 5 PM. Here is the link if you would like to register.
https://learningally.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtf-mprzsrG9IJynoeO7zAvFwPcZn9ONFY

     As a new college student, I have found both Nabs and Learning Ally to be useful in different ways, and I hope you will as well. As always, feel free to reach out to me any time.

Best wishes,
Mikayla