[NABS-L] Architecture in College

Jesse Fung jesse.c.fung.1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 00:13:16 UTC 2020

Hi Bryan,

I’m diagnosed with Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy, which means that I am lacking central vision sensitivity. This eye condition usually manifests itself around adolescence or as a young adult. As for my decision to choose architecture as my major, I really didn’t face a lot of backlash or criticism from my rehab counselor. Maybe it’s due to the fact that I still maintained a decent academic standing even when my eyes were deteriorating during high school. As of this current moment, I would say that my eyes have normalized for a lack of a better word. Even before my eyes were bad, I already made the conscious decision to pursue this area of interest. However, I wouldn't say that I am absolutely confident that I am going to be a star-architect student (insane crazy need no sleep creative minds who are already proficient with all the architecture programs).

Sincerely,
Jesse Fung