[NABS-L] Medical Appointments

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Sun Aug 9 17:25:48 UTC 2020

Hi:

Most doctors now have a patient portal where you may make appointments on your own. The system used by my doctors (I can't remember the name right now( is accessible. As for paperwork, I have requested new patient paperwork be emailed or snail mailed to me. Not all portions doctors have an accessible email document and not all of the online portal new forms in the patient portal is accessible, so I have had a sighted family member help fill it out. If that doesn't work, I ensure the office staff will assist me in filling out documents in the office as I almost always attend doctor's visits on my own. I have not experienced negativity in those offices where I need help filling out forms, but I have heard that is not the norm. In that case, I would suggest bringing a trusted friend or family member to assist.

Camille