[NABS-L] Urgent - Studying College Level STEM Without Tactile Material

Emily Schlenker eschlenker at cox.net
Sun Aug 16 04:13:56 UTC 2020

Hi. I cannot tell you whether or not Visual aids rendered as tactile materials are essential for your particular learning style, but they are deemed essential for all other students, therefore they are obviously valuable ways to learn things.  most algebra classes, chemistry, trig, and physics classes have data rendered graphically or rely on shapes and other types of diagrams. is it possible for the school to pay someone who is in close proximity to you to create such diagrams using rubber bands and other materials? it is possible for you to take classes that may not have so many visual aids, but eventually you will have to take courses that do, and the school will have to be prepared. The pandemic does not give any university in the US permission to disregard the ADA and rehab act.

Good luck.
Emily Sent from my iPhone