[NABS-L] Smart Cane? What?

Mariya Vasileva mkvnfb94 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:21:17 UTC 2020

hi there, I have heard of this technology, and it is pretty legitimate because I’ve heard of many people trying to create such a device. I personally think that traveling with a long white cane is the best way to go because technology always has its flaws just like humans do, and relying on such a thing too much will make a person forget how to use the old techniques. The same thing occurs with people using a GPS system and the directions are sucky, but when the GPS system fails their directions improve once again because they have to rely on them. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind innovation, but sometimes you have to know when to draw the line between old fashion Waze of doing things and technology. Technology really enhances our experiences, it doesn’t and shouldn’t replace the old ways of doing things. Those are my thoughts on it.
Sent from my iPhone