[NABS-L] NABS Now Podcast Ep. 1: Legislation 101

Nina Marranca ninam0814 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 01:06:06 UTC 2020

Hey, everyone!
We are so excited to officially launch the NABS Now Podcast. The NABS Now Podcast is a new initiative giving students a place to let their voice be heard!
Our first episode is all about legislative advocacy as a student, just in time for Washington Seminar and exciting legislative efforts relevant to blind students,, such as AIMHigh.
 Feel free to read the episode description below.
You can Find Episode 1 here:

https://youtu.be/lu2FJq9Bguc

Episode Description: Advocacy for legislation is a driving force in enacting powerful change and equality for all those who are blind. With Washington Seminar quickly approaching, students Kenia Flores and Justin salisbury share their thoughts on the importance of advocating for legislation as a student. We know that this may seem daunting at first, but we offer some tips for students who wish to gain more experience. Lieutenant Governor Josh Green of Hawaii offers helpful information about the legislative process from the viewpoint of someone in political office, as well.
We would like to thank special guests Kenia Flores, Justin Salisbury, and Lieutenant Governor Josh Green of Hawaii.

If you are interested in becoming involved in the creation and production of the NABS Now Podcast, feel free to reach out to me ninam0814 at gmail.com. Thank you to the many individuals whose hard work have made the NABS Now Podcast possible!
Best, Nina

Nina Marranca
Moderator | National Association of Blind Students Mailing List
Co Chair | Communications Committee
Secretary Treasurer | New York Association of Blind Students
ninam0814 at gmail.com