[NABS-L] Seeking Help with excel data analysis tools

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 04:03:07 UTC 2020

Hello All,

I am Wondering if anyone on the list has any experience using the excel data analysis tools for statistics classes.
I am using Windows 10 and I have tried both JAWS 2019 and NVDA with Office 2016 to create a histogram. I follow the steps outlined to create a histogram. And nothing ever seems to happen.

So I am wondering a couple of things. First, am I somehow doing something wrong? I do not believe so as I am following the steps to create a histogram. But user error is always an option.

Second, is there a way to indepentently create graphs and charts in the excel data analysis toolssuch as histograms and regression lines as a blind student? Or is it best to complete these types of graphs and charts in the excel data analysis tools with sighted assistance? I prefer to find a way to do this independently. However, the amount of time I have spent trying to figure this out is simply not sustainable for the rest of the semester.

I thought taking a statistics class using excel would be easier and more practicle than taking a statistics class with SPSS. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to use the excel data analysis tools to complete the excel project assignments for my class. I am tired and frustrated. So any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Elizabeth