[NABS-L] Virtual Joining Hands Symposium on Disability and International Exchange

MIUSA Clearinghouse clearinghouse at miusa.org
Tue Jul 7 22:30:35 UTC 2020

Dear NABS

Some of you might remember NCDE’s 2018 Joining Hands Symposium! It was the
perfect opportunity for those passionate about increasing the participation
of students with disabilities in international exchange programs to break
bread and exchange best practices with like-minded folks. It was also a
great opportunity for young aspiring global professionals to meet
practitioners and learn about work/exchange opportunities.

We had plans to convene this summer in partnership with Gallaudet
University for another Joining Hands Symposium, but due to the global
pandemic this event has been postponed until next summer.

BUT…we did not want to cancel. The need and interest to hold a summer 2020
event was still running strong. That is why we are excited to announce that
the Joining Hands “Virtual” Symposium is now official and will be held over
select dates between August 12-August 21st. Utilizing a webinar platform,
the NCDE looks forward to engaging a wider audience across the world with
dynamic sessions, thoughtful speakers, a robust poster fair, and additional
engagement activities!

Please view more details on the official Joining Hands Virtual Symposium
website <https://www.miusa.org/event/2020/joininghands> and register soon!
The program is FREE, but registration is required. I hope that you all will
be there to participate. Also, email clearinghouse at miusa.org if you would
be interested in presenting a session or if you have any questions. If
there are folks out there who have studied or volunteered abroad, or are
interested in doing so, we may also have a need for question plants in the
audience. Essentially you would simply listen in on a presentation or panel
discussion, and ask a question that we would assign you.

Looking forward to having you join us and continuing the momentum that we
built together in 2018!

Best,

Justin Harford (he/him/his)

Program Coordinator (NCDE)

Mobility International USA (MIUSA)

132 E Broadway Suite 343

Eugene OR 97401

541-343-1284 ext 1014 (voice)

jharford at miusa.org (email)

The National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE) is a project
of the U.S. Department of state's Bureau of Educational and Cultural
Affairs, designed to increase the participation of people with disabilities
in international exchange between the United States and other countries,
and is supported in its implementation by Mobility International USA
(MIUSA.) Learn more at www.miusa.org/ncde