[NABS-L] Conversation Starter: How do you feel about the agency pledge resolution?

Bhavya shah bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 21:36:11 UTC 2020

Dear all,

This resolution, among all on the floor,  fascinated me the most. On
balance, there is a good chance I would end up supporting this
resolution - I haven't made up my mind for certain - but I can
certainly see grounds for resistance. Anyways, as a newbie to NFB, I
have a few questions regarding this resolution:

* Is there precedent for NFB advocating for changes in other blindness
agencies? In other words, have there been resolutions in the past
wherein NFB resolved to bring about changes in structure and
composition, policies and programs, goals and priorities, etc. of
other agencies for the blind? If so, what sorts of actions and
outcomes resulted from these resolutions?

* Does this resolution include numerical parity in staff as well?
Board of directors is clear to me, but I am not entirely sure what
positions are encompassed by agency management.

I realize that I have too many questions all the time, but thanks for
bearing with me. :)

Thanks.