[NABS-L] No More NABS 2020 Election Talk on This List Serve

Syed Rizvi syedrizvinfb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 22:21:18 UTC 2020

Dear Students,

The conduct of our membership that I have witnessed over the last few days
has saddened me greatly. Every single person who has brought up concerns
regarding the election invalidates their own position through their wildly
inappropriate adoption of slander, disrespect, and a hyper aggressive
nature. We are all adults here, participating in a professional
organization, all working towards a common goal. If anyone has any
concerns, they would like addressed, there is a mature, respectful, and
professional way to raise these concerns. The purpose of this email list
serves, and our social media outlets is not for political banter, rather
these platforms are meant for blind students to ask questions, access
resources and to assist one another in our shared journeys.

If you genuinely believe that you and or the membership were wronged, then
take the appropriate steps to address the wrongdoing. Until that time, stop
misusing these platforms. Reach out to the current NABS board with your
concerns. If you feel dissatisfied with their response to your concerns,
then we have a robust national leadership dedicated to ensuring proper
management of our organization. It is not enough to just talk the talk. One
must walk the walk. If you are upset, then take the appropriate steps
rather than continuing to create pointless chaos on our platforms.

I was hesitant in writing this email as I generally refrain from
acknowledging inappropriate behavior, as that usually meets the goal of the
transgressor of trying to gain the spotlight, but the misuse of these
platforms can no longer continue.

Respectfully,

               Syed Rizvi