[NABS-L] free remote servers for a blind it student in australia

Marvin Hunkin startrektech at techie.com
Sat Jun 6 01:43:44 UTC 2020

Hi. I am a blind it student doing certificate iv networking from
http://www.upskilled.edu.au. And have a assus vivo book x 540 uar laptop.
Running windows 10 64 bit 2004 and jaws 2020 and also nvda 2020. Now. Need
to do a online assessment. And a external firm called heropa, has a web
tool. well does not load, or takes forever to load, is totally unuser
friendly and not accessible. Unlabeled graphics, unlabeled buttons, menus
buried within sub menus, etc, and no keyboard short cuts, and some of the
labelled buttons, does nothing. So, do have a remote server given to me via
heropa. For doing a assessment where I have to install windows as a virtual
network or install it, configure it, add folders, add desktop shortu cuts,
and desktop icons to the task bar, set up and configure a printer. So. The
firm when I did login and have a free trial of jaws remote . they have
windows server 2016 data centre, and maybe did ask my main trainer Charles
lang-ashe, about maybe reserving a spare particion, then could do the
assessment that way. If not, what accessible free online servers, or virtual
machines or cloud are there. I know there's no e-mail verification for
Microsoft azure. And when I did try to sign up as a student, last year, and
tried the call back feature. Because I am on the nbn and have a home
landline phone, says does not support voip phones. Don't have a mobile
phone. So was able to sign up for amazon web services, seems accessible, but
not able to create any virtual machines, when I selected windows server,
said the operation could not be completed or not available. So, what other
cloud services and also other online free accessible online remote servers.
For blind people. Who cannot see and need to do this. Any ideas, or
suggestions. Got till tuesday  as this is a long weekend here in Australia.

And so need some ideas.

Thanks..