[NABS-L] access to NFB training centers

Jorge Alejandro Paez iamjorgeapaez94 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 04:24:21 UTC 2020

Hello everyone:
I find myself in the following predicament at the moment.
2 years ago I applied to go to an NFB training center and was denyed, isntead being sent up to a center here in Florida which other than a very good O&M instructor, had nothing good about it.
It was a total waste of time, but I also had a lot of health issues going on at the time that I needed to take care of, so between what i was experiencing and the realization that I wasn’t doing anything worth my time I withdrew.
Now the issues have been resolved but I’m doing extremely poorly in school and I know it’s because of lack of skills.
Skills that I could learn at an NFB training center.
However the last time I tried to lobby them for this I was alone, and wasn’t really connected with the NFB.
Now I am though.
So my question is who can I contact from the NFB to help me out?
I already reached out to my state president but she’s not helpful at all.
She sent me a document that I had used to present my first case but offered no more help than that, and this being Florida where we have our own state-controlled center I need help overcoming that objection.
Is there anyone that can help me?
I’m aware COVID has greatly reduced or shut down our center’s capabilities, however because it takes such a long time for DBS to do anything, plus the fact that I realized today I can no longer continue in school lacking these skills, I want to start advocating for this, and I know strength in numbers counts.
Please let me know who I should contact, if there is someone specific or any recommendations you may have.

Thanks,

Jorge