[NABS-L] Action Needed: Important Legislative Update on AIM High

trishak.nfb at gmail.com trishak.nfb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 02:15:13 UTC 2020

So sorry for the double emails, but it looks like the link to the fact sheet
broke when I sent to the list. Hopefully this link
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/files-pdf/2020-aim-high-fact-sh
eet.pdf>  is better.

Dear students!

As we continue to feel the powerful energy of Washington Seminar, we are
excited to report that we now have 34 cosponsors for the Accessible
Instructional Materials in Higher Education Act in the house and 7
cosponsors in the Senate. While these numbers are the result of our hard
work and advocacy, our work must continue. Attached is a series of next
steps that the Legislative and Self-Advocacy Committee has created to guide
you in promoting AIM High to your representative and senators.

For your reference, click here for the 2020 AIM High NFB Fact Sheet

Please reach out  to me at trishak.nfb at gmail.com
<mailto:trishak.nfb at gmail.com> , with any questions.

Thank you for your enthusiasm to get this important legislation passed! Your
voices are very much needed and appreciated!

Best Regards,

Trisha Kulkarni

Chair | Legislative and Self-Advocacy Committee

National Association of Blind Students

A Proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind

trishak.nfb at gmail.com <mailto:trishak.nfb at gmail.com>

www.nabslink.org <http://www.nabslink.org>