[NABS-L] Recycling As A Blind Person

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:02:19 UTC 2020

Only plastic has numbers.  Your recycling service should tell you
what kinds of things can be recycled, usually clean glas and
metal, sometimes clean paper and cardboard, and certain clean
plastics.  Sometimes the number of plastics don't matter, e.g. my
recycling place takes all plastic bottles.  Other than that, you
can ask a sighted person to look at the numbers on things you use
a lot, e.g. the type of yogurt you normally buy, your favorite
kinds of bottled beverages etc. and remember whether those things
are recyclable or not.