[NABS-L] Google Earth Accessability?

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 03:56:19 UTC 2020

Hi all!
I’m taking an environmental science class this spring term at my local community college. As the result of the political, economical and demographically affects of the Corona Virus, my school is being forced to go vertual for at least half of spring term. Because of this, my environmental science class practically had to be reborn; built for the online world. Since the orriginal face to face counterpart which is what I signed up for envolves fieldtrips, they also have to go vertual. I found out today that my environmental Science teacher has to use Google Earth to translate the fieldtrips to the vertual and distance learning world. I suspect this is the tip of the iceburgh. I took a look at Google Earth and discovered it’s inaccessible. Does anyone know of any accessible counterparts to Google Earth that are comparable? Does any one know of tricks and tips to be competitive with Google Earth? Does anyone even know of ways to even come close to meet disability standards to survive education around this inaccessible gap in my college education?

As the result of attending school, I discovered that writing is one of my gifts. On the other hand, I have eighth grade spelling. Because of my eighth grade spelling, I’m currently working on improving my spelling where it is possible. I also discovered that math is my biggest weakness. Because of my weakness of math, I’m going for an English major with Environmental Science minor instead of an Earth Science major.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email!
Blessed be!
Kendra Schaber
Honor Roll student, Fall term, 2019
Vice-President of the Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon(NFB-O)
(503) 599-9991
Redwing731 at gmail.com
Kschaber at my.chemeketa.edu
NFB One Minute Message:
NFB Pledge:
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, oppertunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.
Go Detroit, Red Wings! Go Pittsburgh, Penguins! Go Portland, Winterhawks! Go Baltimore, Oriels!  Go Baltimore, Ravens! Go Oregon State Beavers, baseball and football teams!
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.”, Author unknown.