[NABS-L] Submit your scholarship application! It’s not too late!

Mendez, Catherine cmendez at nfb.org
Wed Mar 25 14:04:39 UTC 2020

Hi students!

I know that right now you are all dealing with a lot of changes and challenges relating to COVID-19.  There is a lot of uncertainty at this time, but you can definitely count on at least this one thing: the National Federation of the Blind will be awarding 30 merit based scholarships this year!  Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be one of our finalists!

The application deadline is next week, March 31.  Make sure you hit the submit button before then!

If you are having difficulty obtaining documents you need to complete your application, we can help.  For instance, you can upload a screenshot of your digital transcripts or grades, if your university offices are closed and you can’t get official copies.  You can email the images to scholarships at nfb.org.  Is your eye doctors office closed, or your state rehab agency?  Your NFB State president can certify that you are legally blind.  Letters of recommendation can be emailed directly to us by the people who write them. You don’t need to connect with anyone in person.

If you are facing other barriers to completing your application, please let us know, so we can support you.  Send us an email at scholarships at nfb.org, or, give us a call at 410-659-9314, extension 2415.

To recognize achievement by blind and visually impaired scholars, the National Federation of the Blind annually offers blind college students in the fifty states, the District of Colombia and Puerto Rico the opportunity to win one of thirty merit-based, national-level scholarships worth from $3,000 to $12,000. All scholarships awarded are based on academic excellence, community service, and leadership.

Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! Make sure you hit the submit button on your scholarship application before March 31!

Sincerely,
Cayte Mendez
Chairperson, National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Committee

Disclaimer