[NABS-L] Blackboard Collaborate Ultra

Merlyn Hileman merlyn_hileman at aol.com
Thu Mar 26 17:32:52 UTC 2020

Hi all, Like many of you, my college has transitioned classes online for the rest of the semester. Each of my professors are handling virtual classes in a different way. My biology professor has decided to use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for our lectures. Have any of you had experience with this part of Blackboard? The basic site seems to be pretty accessible (I've used it to submit assignments and read announcements for other courses), but I've never used this feature. Is Blackboard Collaborate accessible? What usability/screen reader tips do you have? I am using a Windows 10 laptop with JAWS 2020 and Chrome. Thank you so much. Merlyn Hileman