[NABS-L] Scholarships Available for Minnesota's Legally Blind Students until April 15, 2020 - Final Reminder

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Sun Mar 29 01:37:36 UTC 2020

There is still time to apply for a scholarship from the National Federation
of the Blind of Minnesota through April 15. Legally blind postsecondary
students attending school full-time in Minnesota are encouraged to apply.
Two scholarships of $2,000 and $1,500 will be awarded along with the
opportunity to attend our national convention in Houston, Texas, in July,
with expenses paid, circumstances permitting. Winners will also be our
guests at our annual state convention next November 6-8 in Bloomington, and
there will be a formal awarding of the scholarships as part of our one
hundred years celebration.  The application and all pertinent information
and an on-line application can be found at
http://www.nfbmn.org/programs/scholarships

A Microsoft Word version of the application is also attached to this note.
If you use the attached Microsoft Word form, send it with the required
documents to Scholarships at nfbmn.org.  If it is necessary to submit the
application on paper, use the mailing address supplied with the application
in the attached document, but please understand we have limited access to
our office for the next few weeks.

For questions about the application process, please contact the Scholarship
Committee at
Scholarships at nfbmn.org
or call us at 612-872-9363.

*** A Note from our national office:  Thirty scholarships will be awarded by
the National Federation of the Blind, but that deadline is March 31, 2020.
Please note that the national program is a separate program with its own
application process from the Minnesota scholarships, and details are
accessible from the main page of the National Federation of the Blind
website: http://www.nfb.org