[NABS-L] Using R Software on a Mac with Voiceover

Nina Marranca ninam0814 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:04:16 UTC 2020

Hey, everyone!
I have been tasked with downloading and utilizing the free statistical software known as R.
Most material on doing this is for Windows computers, and I used a Mac with Voiceover.
I have downloaded and installed the software. I have also followed the steps to run the terminal version of the software.
However, I can input data/commands but can not hear the output. I have heard that there are several ways to fix this, but I can not figure out equivalents on Mac. Anyone with experience using R, please give me your thoughts/any resources you know of on commands and such.
Thanks in advance!
Best,
nina

Nina Marranca
Chair | Outreach Committee
Secretary-Treasurer | New York Association of Blind Students
Moderator | National Association of Blind Students Mailing List
Ninam0814 at gmail.com