[NABS-L] Summer jobs and SSI

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Mon May 4 18:51:26 UTC 2020

Hello, I believe if I’m not mistaken, it’s anything over $65 in one month. The point is you should also save your wage stubs because I believe right now Social Security is phone only. So just in case they don’t answer your call it’s always best to act as if you are already doing what they’re going to ask you to do. Always best to protect yourself against the potential overpayment. The other thing is keep track of any money you spend that is blindness related directly in order to do said summer job. In other words you have to buy something that relates to you being able to do the job and it’s because you are blind, keep receipts and any documentation that proves that it really is for said purpose. This of course counts against your wages in other words if you have to buy something that chews up what you made but they can account what you made against you the fact that you bought something that was for the job but it was because it’s a blindness work expense that will be deducted from what they think you earned. I hope this makes sense?

 Sincerely Maurice Mines.
PS the $65 amount that I put at the beginning of this email is an example I’m sure it is different since that amount changes every year. And I believe students get some leniency on this but it always helps to be somewhat conservative on this. Just in case the worker doesn’t understand the blindness rules.