[NABS-L] EYE Retreat Update 2

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:12:06 UTC 2020

EYE Retreat Update 2:

We are happy to report that we are close to securing a location for the
2020 EYE Retreat in Wilmington, NC.  Slots are very limited this year due
to COVID-19.  First come, first serve is our policy.  So, apply now!
Registration fee is $50 before June 15.  After June 15, the registration
fee is $80.  We will not accept applications after July 15.

The EYE Retreat will begin Friday, August 7 and everyone will depart on
Tuesday, August 11.  We are continuing with a shortened schedule of classes
on college and career readiness and recreational activities.  For those who
have parental consent, we will have a beach trip too.  Group leaders and
volunteers will be responsible for supervision while on the beach.  There
are three ways for you to get to Wilmington, NC.  They are listed below.

How do you get to Wilmington NC for EYE Retreat 2020?  Here are some
tips....

1.  Amtrak Thruway Bus service

Amtrak offers thruway bus service from the Raleigh Train Station to
Wilmington.  The thruway bus leaves daily around 10am from Raleigh.  You
will get off the Train in Wilson and get on an Amtrak bus that leaves
around 2:55pm.  The Amtrak bus leaves Wilmington daily to return to
Wilson around 9:55am.  You would then transfer to a Train in Wilson to get
back to Raleigh.  The cost is about $35 each way.  WAVE transit provides
hourly bus service from the bus station to downtown Wilmington.  This total
trip from Raleigh to Wilmington is about 8 hours each way.

2.  Wanda Coaches

Wanda Coaches has a bus that leaves Raleigh at 5:30am daily. The return bus
leaves Wilmington at 7:45pm daily.  No transfers needed.  The cost is about
$40 each way.  Visit wandacoach.com.  WAVE transit provides hourly bus
service from the bus stop to downtown Wilmington.  The total bus ride from
Raleigh to Wilmington.  would be about 3 hours each way.

3.  Greyhound

Greyhound has a bus that leaves Raleigh daily at 10:30am.  The return bus
leaves Wilmington at 3:00pm daily.  No transfers needed.  The cost is about
$30 each way.  Visit greyhound.com.  WAVE transit provides hourly bus
service from the bus station to downtown Wilmington.  The total ride time
from Raleigh to Wilmington is about 3 hours.

Greyhound has a bus that leaves Charlotte at 7:15am daily.  The return bus
leaves Wilmington at 2:15pm daily.  The cost is about $55 each way.  Visit
greyhound.com.  WAVE transit provides hourly bus service from the bus
station to downtown Wilmington.  The ride time from Charlotte to Wilmington
is about 7 hours.

We hope you find this helpful and we hope to see you in Wilmington.  Visit
www.eyeretreat.org to register and see a draft schedule.

*Dr. Alan A. Chase*
Assistant Principal, Tennessee School for the Blind
President & Executive Director, Envisioning Youth Empowerment Retreat