[NABS-L] Lawsuit Petition Against College Board

Nicolas Spohn nspohn0 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 20:57:19 UTC 2020

Attention all,

I am not sure if you have heard about this, but it has been over Twitter and YouTube. There is a petition being filed with the US Department of Education Office of Civil Rights against the College Board.

College board is not providing blind students with the proper accommodations. College Board has made AP exams this year online. They are not providing tactile graphs and diagrams to students. College board has told students that they should have someone at home describe diagrams and graphs. This is unacceptable. I live with my mom and brother, both of which are visually impaired. I decided to formally join the class petition. I am taking the AP Chemistry, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, and AP Calculus AB exams.

If you are a high school student or someone that wants to get involved, you can contact Kaleigh Brendle
Kaleighjb17 at gmail.com

Regards,
Nick Spohn
NFB 2020 Scholarship Finalist