[NABS-L] Membership Recap: Nuggets vs. Noshes

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 03:53:12 UTC 2020

Greetings Friends!

First, I want to thank you all for the wonderful membership meeting. Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and cultural awareness made this one of the most memorable meetings of 2020 for me. As promised, I am here with the email space for you to vote on the name of our next project.
For those who were unable to make the call, the fundraising committee, in tandem with diversity and inclusion, are in talks of expanding our NABS cookbook series. In this additional volume, we will be highlighting the diversity of our group and the cultural diffusion that is so prevalent in the division by presenting recipes and anecdotes about different culturally unique efficiency dishes. This is something that will be focused on next year, but tonight we introduced the initiative and held a debate between two members on what the name of the newest volume would be: Nabs Nuggets or Nabs Noshes.
NABS Nuggets was defended by Josh, who explained the universal acceptance of the nugget by businesses and restaurant chains. He advocated for the name because as a fundraising effort, we would be more likely to turn a profit for our efforts.
NABS Noshes was defended by Mausam. She argued that because the term "nosh" originated in the U.K. and means a small amount, it is knowledge that members may have not known before and it would intrigue them to read more. She also advocated that this is the type of diversity and inclusion that our committee and membership hopes to depict anyway so it is the best name for this endeavor.
Now I need your help. As NABS is a platform for student voices to be heard, I challenge each of you to use the "reply" button to send me a vote for what you believe the name of the project should be. Remember, this is an anonymous vote, so please don't hit "reply all." I will tally these votes and provide an official announcement at 12pm EST tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to reading your votes and thanks again for making our division amazing.

With Love,

Robert Parsons Jr.
Board Member, National Association of Blind Students