[NABS-L] NABS Thanks You: Fantasy Football

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 12:45:17 UTC 2020

Good Morning NABS Friends and Fam

I hope that this message finds you all well. I am writing to first update and congratulate you all on the closure and successful completion of the recruitment process of our annual Fantasy Football fundraising initiative. Each year, the National Association of Blind Students strives to create meaningful and engaging programming that provides networking, advocacy, and philosophical development opportunities to blind students nationwide. Whether it be our annual attendance at our Washington Seminar, our numerous regional state student seminars, or our collective presence at our annual national convention, NABS’ commitment to the equality, opportunity, and security of blind students could not be realized without the financial backing generated from initiatives  like Fantasy Football. This year, the initiative has officially filled to capacity, with four leagues registered consisting of twelve teams per league. We wish the participants the best of luck over the next few weeks.
In the meantime, NABS is happy to announce the member who has risen to the occasion and met the challenge we placed before all Federationists. This challenge, to be the student that compelled the most external participants to register for the fundraising initiative, was actively attempted by many of our members, resulting in the highest registration of non-NFB members in the program’s history. As this message is written, there are currently 26 external team owners registered across the four leagues. This means that over half of our registered players are people that are not members of the Federation and are participating solely on the persuasive skills of student members of this great organization. With almost a third of that total number of new participants being registered by one student, it is with excitement that I can confirm that Logan Stenzel is the student that succeeded in meeting the challenge of who could bring in the most external players. Logan will be receiving the $25 gift card that was donated to NABS from Mt. Zion Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan. If possible, please take some time to congratulate Logan, and all of the students who worked so hard, on a job well done of recruiting and helping to build the Federation with their enthusiasm and impeccable marketing skills. I hope that we can continue a strong start to our fundraising adventures together with love, hope, and determination.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons, Jr.
Chair| fundraising Committee
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Vice President| Michigan Association of Blind Students
Western Michigan University ‘21
Pronouns: He, Him, His
www.nabslink.org <http://www.nabslink.org/>
P: 804.801.7674