[NABS-L] People with Disabilities: Insider's Guide to the World of International Exchange

MIUSA Clearinghouse clearinghouse at miusa.org
Mon Apr 19 15:00:00 UTC 2021

Dear NABS,

Justin here from the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange. I
hope you're doing well.

I wanted to let you know that this Friday, April 23, at 11 AM (Los Angeles)
or 2 PM (New York) I'm going to be speaking with a panel of staff from
World Learning, AFS and ISA, well-known study abroad providers in the
international education field about how they support participants with
disabilities. If you know anyone with a disability who is thinking about
one day studying or volunteering abroad, this will be a great opportunity
for them to ask some of their burning questions in a positive and safe
space. Two of our panelists actually have disabilities themselves. I hope
that you will share the press release and registration information
<https://www.miusa.org/event/2021/insiderguide> far and wide with your
networks.

Our last panel discussion with  Samsara Counts, Ana Sikhashvili and Michel
She <https://www.miusa.org/event/2021/youthwebinar>, three disabled
individuals who shared their experiences studying abroad as young adults,
had a lot of attendance and engagement. You can listen to the recording or
access a transcript at the press release.

Best regards

Justin Harford (he/him/his)

Program Coordinator (NCDE)

Mobility International USA (MIUSA)