[NABS-L] Listening to text with JAWS and verbally reproducing it simultaneously: 3 specific questions

Chris Nestrud ccn at chrisnestrud.com
Fri Jan 15 17:06:34 UTC 2021

Read word by word, the idea is you're building a mental buffer of a few words
which should give you a chance to figure out the correct tone and pauses
when speaking. You may need to increase your listening speed so you'll
have enough words in your mental buffer. If you can't read word by word
then reformat the text so that the lines are of an appropriate length.

There was an NFB convention speech saved on the NFB website several
years ago with someone who did something similar using a Victor Reader
Stream. His delivery was quite good.

Chris