[NABS-L] Accessible Drone Kit?

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 20:22:49 UTC 2021

Hey Martin,

Hope your week's going well too!

I unfortunately don't know of an accessible kit specifically for drones,
but have you heard of the Arduino microcontroller? It's a pretty cheap and
popular tool many folks use to work on electrical/mechanical engineering
projects. With some code and sparely purchased sensors, motors, buzzers,
etc., people have built robots to virtual assistants to
auto-garden-waterers to quadcopters/drones and so much more.

Josh Miele ran/may still run the Blind Arduino group here in San Francisco,
and they've made a lot of their tutorials and resources for blind folks
interested in working with Arduinos available at this blog:

http://blarbl.blogspot.com/

Not exactly the same as a drone kit, but with some extra work around this
could be a cool alternative!

Kindly,
Gene
--
Gene S-H Kim | B.S. Candidate, Symbolic Systems
Secretary | California Association of Blind Students