[NABS-L] Survey and Discussion Board Question

Elizabeth Sprecher rupasprech at att.net
Thu Jan 21 16:12:32 UTC 2021

Hi Everyone,
For a while, I have run in to complications with taking surveys for classes and typing in the discussion board posts on Blackboard with Jaws. Both the Surveys and the Discussion Board Posts have edit fields where I can type, but Jaws is not letting me stay in the box. When I'm getting ready to type in the answer, I hit the backspace key to make sure that I'm in the edit field. Instad, it reads a letter B for the Bold button. I have also tryed to hit the tab key, the escape, or the letter E, thinking that would help me stay on the edit box, but that doesn't work. This happens both in the Discussion Board Post and in surveys. So far, what's worked best is to attach word documents of my responses. I know that students prefer reading the posts directly instead of opening separate documents. What is a way to fix this? What commands can I use to get away from so many formatting options?
Thank You