[NABS-L] Taking the GRE

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:15:22 UTC 2021

Hi Kei, ETS produces pretty good study materials themselves.  You
can take the test in Braille or on the computer or on the
computer but with tactile graphics, which is what I did.  The
computer version comes with their own screenreader, so they'll
send you a copy of their software with a couple practice tests
and a tutorial, so make sure you practice with them.  On the
accessibility part of their website, there are documents
explaining what you need to know for each part of the test.  The
math one is pretty good and covers all the math you need (when I
took it six years ago, it was arithmetic, basic algebra,
geometry, and statistics, but it may have changed, so don't quote
me on that).  Make sure you talk to the accessibility people as
soon as possible, because it can take a while to go through the
process, and then you need to schedule an accessible test
administration, which has fewer possible dates than the standard
test.  I also recommend doing it early enough that you can retake
if you have to.  I had to take it twice.

HTH,
Karl