[NABS-L] Accessing shared screen in a Zoom meeting

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 15:51:42 UTC 2021

Hello all,
I am a member of ToastMasters in my area. Currently, we are meeting on Zoom, but the plan is to move to a hybrid model when it is safe to meet in person. One thing speakers really like to do is show PowerPoint presentations. However, given the limitations of Zoom, there is no way to view a participant’s screen when they share it using VoiceOver or JAWS, so I miss out on being able to have access to the content on a speaker’s PowerPoint. Most members are pretty good about describing the content verbably, but there are a few who haven’t quite caught on yet. Therefore, what do you do when you need access to content that a participant is sharing via Zoom screen share? I usually join the meeting from my iPad, so I wonder if screen recognition might be of some help here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sent from Kelsey Nicolay’s iPhone