[NABS-L] Federation Philosophy and Reproductive Rights

Blind allday blind247365 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:06:17 UTC 2021

Hello Justin, A couple things about your article.It's mostly about women facing accessibility barriers, which is true. I believe the RNIB is working on an accessible pregnancy test.
Can you explain  why you believe in the following    "Blindness should not prevent someone from having the same access to reproductive healthcare that would be available to their sighted counterpart. If sighted women can access the online healthcare information system, blind women should have equal access. If sighted patients can fill out the paperwork privately, blind patients should be able to do the same. For affordability, I am not sure that we should offer a disability discount, but there are funding mechanisms to help low-income patients receive care, and they are disproportionately used by blind patients; thus, we may have an incentive to support those funding mechanisms because of their disproportionate impact on our community. Any access barrier related to blindness should be toppled."  Especially about you not believing in a disability discount but supporting a general discount.  The rest of your article is just preaching to the choir about blind people being equals  and having the same rights as anyone else which is true. I think you were trying to be controversial but at the same time not be controversial.