[NABS-L] Announcing the Winners of the #StudentAccessMoments Competition

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Mar 23 17:16:41 UTC 2021

NABS members and leaders:

The Legislative and Self Advocacy Committee is proud to announce the winners of our #StudentAccessMoments Competition! We first announced these winners on the LSAC call on Sunday, March 21, so you may have heard the news already.

Here are our winners:

FIRST PLACE: Kenia Flores               https://www.facebook.com/100003949343701/posts/2035939956547629/?d=n
SECOND PLACE: Justin Young               https://www.facebook.com/1103682926/posts/10223632289890993/?d=n
THIRD PLACE: Danielle Burton               https://www.facebook.com/100000063892395/posts/4124968187515270/?d=n

HONORABLE MENTION:
Meagan Gorsuch               https://www.facebook.com/1226771639/posts/10225077220177450/?d=n
Trisha Kulkarni                  https://www.facebook.com/100009579255026/posts/2730517223944226/?d=n
Justin Salisbury                 https://www.facebook.com/549735694/posts/10159902505645695/?d=n

Special thanks to our panel of judges, who searched through dozens of submissions to select these videos to represent the lived experiences of blind students:
Patti Chang
Jason Meddaugh
Kevan Worley
Evelyn Valdez

Mahalo nui loa to everyone who participated!

Let's go build the Federation!

Justin

Justin Mark Hideaki Salisbury
he/him/his

Second Vice President | National Association of Blind Students
   A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
(808) 797-8606
president at alumni.ecu.edu | www.nabslink.org<http://www.nabslink.org/>

If you need help with a current accessibility barrier in school, visit: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXoK5sWCpBjvAu4EMOANUufEoJPyUlu4QeJnMB6pIdeohmsg/viewform

If you have a story about an accessibility barrier you faced in higher education, please tell your story here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf68TacBetKMAHZcMhGJLmYgeWDIjjpSm9Sz1OUwYKxzsIEAg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1