[NABS-L] Not Recognizing Voices

Kennedy Stomberg stomberg8 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 03:07:08 UTC 2021

Amy,

There is a disorder of not recognizing voices, but it's pretty rare and not easy to diagnose. What you're describing doesn't sound like that though, since you don't have this difficulty with everyone. (I'm not an expert, and certainly not quallified to say for sure, I just have some basic knowledge!) In any case, I want to emphasize that there is nothing wrong with not always being able to recognize voices. I know it can feel frustrating, but I hope you don't feel bad about it! If anyone is making you feel judged because you can't universally recognize voices, I am so sorry that's been your experience!

Kennedy Stomberg, M.S. she/her/hers