[NABS-L] Tomorrow's technically sound episode and podcast feed links!

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Wed Oct 20 23:18:59 UTC 2021

Hello all,

Per popular request, we finally have a podcast feed and we're pushing
things out to platforms. This is moving as slow as the companies behind
each platform, so check back often. I'll stop announcing episodes and
everything here, but I wanted to update with the feed and take the
opportunity to tell you about tomorrow's topic.

The feed:

https://anchor.fm/technically-sound

We will announce all future episodes and relevant information on our
twitter:

https://twitter.com/techsound_cast

If there are other platforms or preferred mediums for announcing or you
have ideas/tips on how we might best reach our listeners, I'm all ears,
please feel free to shoot a message to us on twitter, reply to me
privately (tyler at tysdomain.com), or email us: technicallysound at venom.fm

Want to chat with us off or on the livestream? Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/hWzznFca

Tomorrow's topic will be deployment of a server to fit your project. We
will discuss the difference between dedicated servers and VPS, as well
as other application hosting options, serverless, shared hosting, etc.
We will also discuss security; deployment of a firewall, jails and
docker, and how we approach securing our systems. Per request, I will
also be taking a quick dive into the code of https://cvstats.net and
explaining how it works and how I created it.

We want to make this podcast accessible to people of all backgrounds,
from the aspiring software developer to more advanced listeners. We're
still learning how to best do this and we're open to all ideas and
suggestions. Please let us know how we may best make this a better
experience for you!

Subscribe to our feed at https://anchor.fm/technically-sound

and please send us any questions, comments and/or ideas on any of the
methods mentioned above.

Tune in and join us Live tomorrow on Venom via the web player at
https://venom.fm, or point your favorite media player to
http://venom.fm:8000/live.

Thanks, and we look forward to you joining us tomorrow, from 5:00 to
7:00 PM EST on Venom, or catching up with us through your favorite
podcast app!