[NABS-L] National Office Seeking Quotes Regarding Access Technology Affordability Act

elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:13:55 UTC 2022

Good afternoon, everyone!

Please see the below message from our Governmental Affairs team, and let me
know if you have questions/would like to contribute.

"We are collecting quotes regarding the Access Technology Affordability Act.
We plan to use some of these quotes in emails to Congressional staff. Here
are some examples:

John Smith of Maryland said, "I use my refreshable Braille display for work
every day. If I did not have this technology, it would dramatically impact
my employment."

Tom Smith of North Dakota said, "I cannot afford screen reading software and
without this accessibility software, I cannot search for a job."

Mary Smith of Oklahoma said, "I collect SSI but look forward to the day when
I am working. The problem is I cannot afford the specialized tools needed to
look for and apply for employment."

As you can see we are looking for relatively short quotes-- one to two
sentences.

The quotes need to be attributed to an actual person. There is a slight
possibility that a member of Congress will ask to speak to the person.

We are hoping to get quotes from people who reside in both states that would
typically be considered more progressive and more conservative. We would
also like quotes that illustrate that lack of technology is resulting in
difficulty in obtaining and retaining employment.

We are hoping to get these quotes back this week.

If you know someone who could provide a relevant quote, please reach out to
them. All quotes should be send to me, Jeff Kaloc, at jkaloc at nfb.org
<mailto:jkaloc at nfb.org> ."

Warmly,

Elizabeth