[NABS-L] Update on public transportation access in my area

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Sat Aug 6 13:19:49 UTC 2022

Hi Armando:

It is an unfortunate truth that public transportation is not a top priority in many locales. We have been trying to improve our paratransit service since my chapter was founded in 2015. The sad fact is that our local government (who controls the budget) doesn’t agree that public transportation is a vital and necessary part of our county’s economy. We found that it is a struggle that will continue as long as we need the service; don’t give up! We are persistent!

Sincerely,

Camille Tate

2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Florida