[NABS-L] A Valuable Set of Tools for Blind Students

Joe Orozco jsoro824 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 04:53:29 UTC 2022

Dear students,

Raise your hand if you've encountered difficulty in keeping pace with
Zoom lessons. Keep your hand raised if you wish people would make the
material professors share via Zoom readily accessible so that you can
read it in real-time the same as your sighted peers.

Pneuma Solutions has come up with a way for you to be able to read
PowerPoints and other material with the same ease as reading this
post. It's called Scribe for Meetings, and in brief, it is a means for
your universities to use a special link to upload their content and
make it intuitively available to you. Best of all, when you access the
material, you can choose to save the information in one of a handful
of special formats for later perusal. The company has started with
Zoom but plans to make the service available on other platforms soon,
including Microsoft Teams.

If this is something you think could benefit you and fellow blind
students on your campus, please click the link below to access various
templates to make the right people aware of your needs. We think
they'll find it as easy to incorporate as it will be for you to get
access to the information you need at the time you want.

https://pneumasolutions.com/products/scribe-for-meetings-self-advocacy-kit/

Do you have questions? We have an extensive FAQ on the website, but if
you'd like to connect with someone directly, please email:
info at pneumasolutions.com. And please help us share information about
this and our other services with people you think could benefit from
them.

In full disclosure, Pneuma Solutions is one of my freelance clients.
I've known the CEO for years now and can vouch for his and his team's
devotion to equal education and access. My only regret is that the
technology was not available when I was working my way through school.
They're doing a lot of great things over there. We didn't even get
into the cloud-based document scanning service, but check out their
website when you have a moment and learn about the various tools that
could make your college journey just a little bit easier.

https://pneumasolutions.com/

Take care,

Joe Orozco

--