[NABS-L] Compass

Shawn shawnabraham21 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 17:19:58 UTC 2022

Hi Bhavya,
I he always had the exact same problem, and at this point just put up with the time-consuming effort and don't do it often. The problem with mapping some kind of iOS gesture is that you still have to take your phone out of your pocket, open it, and hold it flat which is mostly the time consuming part. The idea of a tactile compass is a good one, if you could get it to work. My idea has always been a watch with a tactile compass built in, but in my mind the problem with this has always been that that kind of technology would probably be heavier than I would like on a watch, and less fashionable too.
And if you could design a lightweight tactile compass that could hang from the string of your cane, this could work. Also using EarPods could make the iPhone process faster. Let me know if you have any other thoughts.
Thanks