[NABS-L] Compass

Bhavya shah bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:28:20 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Update on navigation apps: the reason why BlindSquare and Microsoft
Soundscape have been unreliable, as I have now realized, is because
they are based on Open Street Maps whose geodata for my college campus
is low-quality. In particular, many buildings are not noted on OSM,
and some places are a bit off. I intend to reach out to my
university's disability office to get OSM data for my campus
substantially improved. In the meantime, my iPhone's compass app
continues to be a dependable tool.

Thanks.