[NABS-L] Braille Note Touch Plus or Braille Display

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:32:29 UTC 2022

I have a Braille Note Touch and am currently trying out an Orbit
display. I like them both for different things.

I use the Braille Note touch for class and any note taking I need to
do. I prefer the keyboard on the touch, and I like to send email on
it. I've also used some of the Apps and generally like some of them. I
like using the touch because I don't always want speech in my ear. I
like the Orbit mostly strictly for connecting to my phone. I also
prefer reading books or my notes on the larger display of the touch,
but for texts and social media, the Orbit is good enough.

It's stuff like that you should consider. I would recommend absolutely
getting something with a separate note taking function. There is
nothing like taking notes without using a screen reader. You can
listen more effectively to presentations while taking notes. Also, you
don't have to lug around a laptop if you don't want to.

Just some thoughts. Hope they are helpful.

Julie

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of