[NABS-L] Best way to navigate ohio

Sami Osborne sami.j.osborne97 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:35:38 UTC 2022

Hi Nesma,

I'm not familiar with Ohio at all, but I did visit a blind friend of mine last summer from out of state. He and I both traveled from out of town; I'm from New York and he's from Nebraska, but we actually decided to travel to Houston, Texas because we were curious what it was like down there. I know you're visiting your friend in Ohio where he or she is from, but maybe what you guys could do is stay at a hotel together, so that way you can almost guarantee you'll be together. I know this might sound silly, but this friend I mentioned, along with myself, will be traveling to visit another friend of ours who lives in Los Angeles in January. The three of us will all be staying in the same hotel room even though the mutual friend lives in LA, and I don't think his house is big enough to accommodate more people; he lives with his parents and three younger sisters. I believe his parents will be picking us all up from the airport once we land in California, and then bring us all over to the hotel.

I'm not sure if this sounds feasible for you, but my friend from Nebraska has always dreamed of pursuing a career as a hotel manager, so he's more of an expert of different hotels in different areas. Maybe what you and your friend could do is research different hotels in the area you're staying in, and then discuss your findings and see if you can come up with a hotel you can both agree upon. This really would depend on different factors such as the price as well as the quality of different hotel rooms available. If there are two of you staying in the same room, you can both split the cost so you wouldn't have to waist your money by having to pay the total cost (hotel prices are notoriously expensive nowadays). Plus, the prices are generally cheaper the more people are included on the same reservation, and thus more people to split the cost.

I hope this helps. I think, when you're visiting friends (perhaps especially blind friends, though I'm unsure if yours is blind or sighted), and making sure everyone is always in the same place during the visit, could really avoid all hassle associated with trying to get from one place to the other without the other present.

I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your friend in Ohio.

Thanks,