[NABS-L] Seeking Experiences with/Thoughts on Mantis Q40 Braille Display

dana mohsen dana.mohsen.azim at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 01:45:08 UTC 2023

Hello Noah,
I am a Mantis Q user, and I have been so for almost 3 years now.
I have also been a music student who has studied piano performance and music composition.
The mantis has been great, and I think the thing that makes it really unique is its full QWERTY keyboard.
However, my problem with it is that it barely gets updates, and I think support for it is waning.
However, I still think it’s great because of its capabilities in opening various file types, and it works wonderfully with both JAWS and NVDA.
If it weren’t’t for the support issue, I’d highly recommend it. However, I’m worried that support for this device would be completely dropped in a year or two at most. (I think it was released in 2020.)
Hope that helps.
Best,
Dana