[NABS-L] Question Regarding Accessibility With McGraw-Hill Connect

Nick Stover liamskitten at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 20:59:27 UTC 2023

Jackson,

I've needed to use this platform twice now for biology classes. I
found the accessibility experience supremely patchy. Some things, like
multiple choice and basic navigation--between stages of a lab for
instance--were manageable. However: A. pictures/graphs had no
accompanying descriptive text. B. and more problematically, drag and
drop questions, as well as matching questions, were completely
inaccessible. I know there is technically a way to drag and drop with
jaws, but even with the latest version and extensive consultation with
far savvier assistive technology users than myself, it proved
impossible through the McGraw platform. For those questions, I had to
utilize a scribe provided by the college. So finding out what sorts of
questions your instructor intends to pose is crucially important.

If you have specific questions throughout the semester, please don't
hesitate to message me at liamskitten at gmail.com and I'll do my best to
help.
Warmly,
Nick