[NABS-L] Students Reading Books From Learning Ally

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:19:41 UTC 2023

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for opening this discussion. I primarily rely on bookshare and
mobile apps like voice stream reader for my book needs, and I know the
combination of bookshare and bard is very popular amongst students. I don't
want to generalize too much, but most of the blind students I know rely on
bookshare, bard, and other digitally-based platforms like vital source.
I'm also not very well-informed on this, but my sense is that Learning Ally
has been shifting their focus a little toward the dyslexic community,
particularly younger students.

I hope this helps and that you are able to hear from other students,
whether through this mailing list or otherwise.

Cheers,
Gene
--
Gene S-H Kim
Secretary/Webmaster | National Association of Blind Students