[NABS-L] FW: Invitation to the Global Disability Studies Online Asynchronous Course

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Apr 3 02:14:23 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to share information about an online course that I absolutely loved. It's called "Global Disability Studies," and it is offered for undergraduate, graduate, and professional education credit. I took it from the same professor, also online, in the summer of 2022. It is offered by the University of Vermont.

This course is being offered again in summer 2024, still online. The professor did a wonderful job teaching about global cultures, especially African cultures, and disability. She's a disabled woman from Ghana, a country in Africa, and most of the course modules were about disability in African contexts. The course used a lot of guest speakers, probably more than half of the class meetings, and they were typically leaders in disability rights or disability services in different parts of the world.

It can be really challenging to find a good course relating to disability and diversity, and I think this one was excellent. It can count for undergraduate, graduate, or professional credit. I have sometimes taken courses in the summer time at another university other than my primary university; if I got approval ahead of time, I was allowed to count those courses toward my degree.

Check this out if it might be right for you. Reach out to the professor if you like. She's super approachable and encouraging.

Aloha,

Justin

Justin MH Salisbury, MEd, NOMC, NCRTB
English Pronouns: he/him/his