[NABS-L] Reading out loud in class with a text book

Asia Quinones-Evans aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 22:24:17 UTC 2024

I was hoping anyone can tell me if you have had experiences in class where
you may have to read certain passages from your text book. I know this is
usually done in elementary school but my college professor is wanting us to
read definitions out of the Glossary and sections of the text book during
class. I have a copy of my text book on my Victor Reader 3 but for some
reason it will not let me skip back to the chapter after I go to the
Glossary . Or if it does I have to press rewind then skip back chapters. I
have called Humanware about this and they are working on it. I also have the
braille copy of the book on my Mantis but again it is hard to search
sections when the BRF does not line up with the actual text book. I have
bookmarked the start of the Glossary but I do not know how to search for a
term just in the Glossary not the entire book. An example would be that the
professor tells us the page number the text is on that we will read out loud
and review.

Is this something I just can not participate with or will I just have to try
pushing through it to participate? This book is from American Counsel of
Exercise so they do not give out free copies of the publishers pdf to get an
electronic copy for my computer. Has any other student delt with this
situation and how did you get through it?

Yours Truly,

Asia Quinones-Evans

Phone: (440) 670-6509

Email: aevans.nfb at gmail.com <mailto:aevans.nfb at gmail.com>

Live the life you want; Blindness is not what holds you back