[NABS-L] Canvas accessibility?

nikkidadlani at gmail.com nikkidadlani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:23:20 UTC 2024

Hi,
Hope you are well! Congrats on applying to university!
Accessibility issues with canvas are minimal. Most aspects of the experience are fully accessible, whether you use the mobile apps or the website on a computer.
Further, the layout is quite logical, and looking through assignments, grades, modules and the like does not present any issues at all. The only somewhat inaccessible aspect of Canvas relates to when peers or professors annotate submissions. Here, as a screen reader user I have noticed that it is difficult to view an annotation, especially if color is used. Additionally if specific comments are made on a specific part of a submission (for example, a comment to a specific sentence in an essay) it is hard to find where in the submission the comment itself was made.
Other than this issue, from my experience, Canvas is fully accessible.
Best of luck to you!
Nikki Dadlani